Find out how Bury St Edmunds and Suffolk fit together
As we celebrate Suffolk Day 2021, discover how prominent people, transport, religion, justice, architecture, industry, brewing and entertainment have affected both town and county.
Tours start at 11 am on Angel Hill opposite the Abbey Gate and last 90 minutes.
Tours are in English and are suitable for all ages and abilities. Please let us know beforehand if you have any special access requirements.
Adults £7.50, U-18s £4, U-5s free, Family of four (max 2 adults) £20.
Tickets must be booked online in advance.
Your comfort and safety is our primary concern, and the following guidelines have been prepared to ensure you remain safe while enjoying your tour. We have followed advice issued by the government and the Institute of Tourist Guiding and, as a result, we have been awarded a Visit England ‘We’re Good to Go’ Mark.
- We advise you to familiarise yourself with current Covid-19 government guidelines
- If you’re suffering from any symptoms of Covid-19, even if you feel it is just a common cold, please do not join one of our guided walks.
- Before your tour, please sanitise or wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and wear any PPE that is advised or that you feel appropriate. We recommend carrying a personal hand sanitiser with you during your tour.
- Please do not shake hands with the guide or fellow members of your tour group. As part of the safety briefing you will be advised on what toilet facilities/hand sanitising stations are open on the route. For your own safety please do not share your personal hand sanitiser.
- We are currently restricting group numbers to six in order to comply with current social distancing guidelines. We may amend this as guidance changes. During the current restrictions, we regret that no dogs (apart from assistance dogs) are allowed on our tours.
- Members of the group not from the same household should ensure social distancing of at least 2 metres. Whilst walking between stops, please be mindful to maintain this social distancing.
- If, during the tour you feel unwell, or someone else in the group displays any symptoms of Covid-19, please alert your guide. The guide can then take appropriate measures, which may include asking the person to withdraw from the tour or, as a last resort, terminating the tour. The steps the guide may take will form part of the safety briefing.
- In the interests of group safety, tours will not at present take place within buildings or in areas of the town where social distancing cannot be ensured.
We want all our customers to enjoy an entertaining tour, knowing that we have taken every precaution to ensure their safety. These guidelines are published on our booking portal, and by booking a tour you are deemed to have accepted them. Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to welcoming you.
- A full refund will be given for cancellations made 48 hours or more before a tour.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations made less than 48 hours and more than 12 hours before a tour.
- No refund will be given for cancellations made less than 12 hours before a tour, or in the case of a no-show.